Are you an iPhone user who just realized that your iPhone home screen is cluttered with unwanted apps, and because of that, you want to hide them for good? If yes, then this article is for you, as I am going to show you some slick ideas that will help you find peace with this most asked question “Can apps be hidden on iPhone?”
So, without any further ado, let’s dive into the discussion.
- 1 Can Apps be hidden on an iPhone?
- 1.1 Hiding iPhone apps by removing them from the home screen:
- 1.2 Hiding iPhone apps by hiding the entire app page:
- 1.3 Hiding iPhone apps from Siri & Search:
- 1.4 Hiding iPhone apps using Content Restriction feature:
- 1.5 Hiding iPhone apps from Smart Suggestions:
- 1.6 Hiding iPhone apps using App folders:
- 1.7 Hiding iPhone apps from your app store purchase history:
- 2 Final Remarks
YES, apps can be hidden on an iPhone either by; removing that particular app from the home screen or by hiding the entire app page.
Similarly, a few more ideas can help you hide your iPhone apps completely.
So, if you are interested in knowing the same, just read till the end.
Hiding iPhone apps by removing them from the home screen:
If you want to hide apps on iPhone, you can easily do it by removing the app from the home screen, and to do that, just follow these simple steps:
- Find the app that you want to hide from your iPhone.
- Now, “tap & hold down” the app icon.
- A menu will pop up.
- Tap on “Remove app.”
- Then, tap on the “Remove from home screen” option.
- Done. You have successfully removed the app from your iPhone home screen.
Note: The app has been hidden from the home page, but it will always be visible in the App Library. Therefore, if you want to unhide the app in the future, just head to the App Library and then tap and hold the app icon. Lastly, tap on “Add to home screen” option and voila, that app will be restored on the home screen.
Hiding iPhone apps by hiding the entire app page:
This particular hack will help you to hide a bunch of apps in just a second or two.
Therefore, if you are planning to hide more than one app, then just follow this tutorial:
- First of all, organize all those apps which you want to remove on a particular app page.
- Then, “press and hold” anywhere on the screen.
- Now tap on the “page navigation dots”, the ones that appear on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Now, your iPhone screen will zoom out and show you every app page available on your device.
- After that, find the page, and tap on the “checkmark” to uncheck the page.
- Finally, click on “Done.”
You have now successfully hidden the apps that were on that particular page.
However, similar to the previous method all the hidden apps will be available in the App Library.
So, if you decide to bring back those apps again on your iPhone app page, simply follow the first 4 steps as mentioned above, and then check or tick mark the pages.
Hiding iPhone apps from Siri & Search:
Like “App Library”, you can also search for the hidden apps with the help of the “Siri & Search” feature by dragging your finger down on the home screen. But this is also a main privacy concern, because anyone can snoop into your iPhone and search for that hidden app.
So, what should be done?
Well, I have a solution.
- Open the “Settings app.”
- Now, scroll down and tap on “Siri & Search.”
- A menu will open up.
- Now, scroll down and select the app that you want to hide from the search.
- Tap on the “Show App in Search” to toggle the switch to off.
- Similarly, you can also tap on the “Show on Home Screen” option to hide the app right from the “Siri & Search” option.
- Done. Now, the app won’t show up in search results anymore.
Hiding iPhone apps using Content Restriction feature:
So, if you are on iOS 14 and above, there is a feature called “Content Restriction” under the “Content & Privacy Restriction” option that can help you restrict or hide some of your apps based on age.
And to do so, just follow these simple steps:
- Open “Settings” app.
- Then, tap on “Screen Time.”
- Then tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions.”
- Now, tap on “Content Restriction.”
- It will ask for the passcode if you have previously fetched any.
- After that, tap on “Apps.”
- You will see a list of options that says; “Don’t allow apps”, “4+”, “9+”, “12+”, “17+”, and “Allow all apps.”
- Click on the appropriate option.
- Done, now your child won’t be able to see any social media apps, as it is hidden with the Content Restriction option.
Hiding iPhone apps from Smart Suggestions:
Smart Suggestions uses Siri’s AI power to determine and suggest apps based on your recent activity. Thus, the home screen becomes cluttered and looks like shit.
So, to get away from this problem, just start hiding apps from Smart Suggestions by following this tutorial.
- “Press and hold” the app icon that you want to hide from “Smart Suggestions.”
- A menu will pop up.
- Now, tap on “Don’t Suggest (app name).”
- You will now see a message pop up at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, tap on “Don’t suggest (app name)” to remove the app from Smart Suggestions.
Hiding iPhone apps using App folders:
I know that this is not the best way to hide your iPhone apps, yet it is an effective one.
So, if you want to hide your iPhone apps using this method just follow this tutorial.
- Choose an existing folder or create a new one.
- Now, press and hold any app icon until the “Action Menu” pops up.
- Select, “Edit Home Screen” option.
- Then, hold and drag the app into the folder that you want to hide.
- Now, drag the app to the right, so that it can be placed on the second page of the folder.
- Finally, click the back button.
- Done. Now you won’t be able to see that particular app, as the folder shows only those apps that are visible on the first page.
Hiding iPhone apps from your app store purchase history:
If you have enabled “Family Sharing”, anyone from that list can see the apps that you have purchased and downloaded. So, if you don’t want anyone to see them, you can just hide them by;
- Opening the “App Store.”
- Then, tap on the “profile icon” at the top right-side corner.
- Tap “Purchased.”
- Scroll and find the app you want to hide.
- Now, swipe left on the app.
- Then, tap on “Hide.”
- Done. You have successfully hidden the app within your App Store purchase history.
We all want to keep the screens of our iPhones well organized by hiding or removing unwanted apps from the home screen or app page. Therefore, if you wish to hide the apps rather than deleting them completely, you can follow this guide, which will help you to hide those annoying iPhone apps in just a few seconds.