Are you an iOS user? If yes, you already know the perks of using an iCloud account. It serves the best purpose when you want to access all your favorite content or document without any device restriction. Also, it allows users to upgrade their cloud storage capacity with their 200GB and 2TB plan. Although sometimes you might want to link your Google account on your iOS device for ease of access. You don’t want to switch devices to just check your Gmail account and therefore, “can you add your iCloud account and Google account at the same time?”
Let’s try to shed some light on this most searched query.
- 1 Can You add your iCloud Account and Gmail Account at the same time?
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions on iCloud.
- 2.1 Q1. Can I print pictures from iCloud to Walgreens?
- 2.2 Q2. Can’t sign in to iCloud on my Android phone but can on my Android Tablet.
- 2.3 Q3. I keep getting a message saying my frame won’t connect to iCloud.
- 2.4 Q4. He stole my iCloud ID but doesn’t have a password.
- 2.5 Q5. Why is TikTok telling me to upload from iCloud when I change my PFP.
- 2.6 Q6. How can I secure a hacked iCloud account for iPhone?
- 2.7 Q7. How do I save a picture without my family seeing it?
- 2.8 Q8. How can I sign into my iCloud from someone else’s phone?
- 2.9 Q9. How do I check for iCloud on Mac before buying it?
- 2.10 Q10. Is merging to iCloud the same as saving to the cloud?
- 2.11 Q11. Do recurring payments stop if you are signed out of iCloud?
- 2.12 Q12. Why did my iCloud get locked out when I updated my iPhone?
- 2.13 Q13. How can I find the owner of an email/iCloud account?
- 2.14 Q14. How can I contact someone with an iCloud Address?
- 2.15 Q15. What iCloud app do I use to call someone?
- 2.16 Q16. Why is my iCloud asking me to update?
- 2.17 Q17. I lost my iPhone; I still have email going to my iCloud address. How can I view it?
- 2.18 Q18. How to mail to Gmail from iCloud?
- 2.19 Q19. Why do I keep getting iCloud emails?
- 2.20 Q20. Need to get into my iCloud but I failed all attempts.
- 3 Final Remarks
Can You add your iCloud Account and Gmail Account at the same time?
Yes, definitely you can. iOS devices are not restricted to their own iCloud services, but also allow other email providers like Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft Exchange, Aoi, Outlook.com, and many more.
Therefore, if you are trying to add your Gmail account to your iOS device you can easily do it by following these simple steps:
Steps to link Gmail account with the iCloud account:
- Open your iPhone Settings app.
- Scroll down the menu, and select the Mail option.
- Now, Tap on Add Account.
- A list of email providers will pop up.
- Select Google.
- Now, enter your Google account email.
- Tap Next.
- Enter your Google account password.
- Tap Next.
- Choose to allow Google apps like Gmail, Google Contact, Google Calendar, and Google Notes.
- Done, you have successfully linked your Gmail account with your iOS account.
Frequently Asked Questions on iCloud.
Q1. Can I print pictures from iCloud to Walgreens?
A1. YES! You can surely print pictures from your iCloud account to Walgreens, and to help you with the process I am jotting down the step-by-step tutorial too.
- Download the Walgreens iOS app for your iPhone.
- Then Open the Walgreens app.
- Tap the Photo icon.
- Now, tap on Prints.
- Click on the Device icon.
- Select the images that you want to print.
- Click on Next.
- Now select the number of quantities you want to order.
- By using the Add Size button, add sizes for each image.
- If you have any coupons and wish to apply them, you can do it by simply clicking on the Add Coupon button in the bottom left corner.
- Type in the promo code and then click on Apply.
- Now, click on Next to continue.
- Now, you will get a list of locations that are closest to you.
- Tap on the desired location.
Note: If you want to search for a different store, you can simply search it by entering the information on the search box, and then click on the name of the store you would like to send your order to.
- Now, feed your First Name, Last Name, Phone number, and Email Address.
- Slide the indicator to the left, if you don’t want to receive information from Walgreens.
- Slide the indicator to accept the terms and conditions.
- Finally, click on Submit Order, to send your order to the store for processing.
Q2. Can’t sign in to iCloud on my Android phone but can on my Android Tablet.
A2. So, if you are unable to sign in to iCloud on your Android phone, then you are probably trying to access app-specific content. Most of the general stuff that is on iCloud can be easily accessed using your Android’s Chrome browser and then signing into iCloud.com using your current iCloud ID.
Therefore, if you are trying to access app-specific content on your Android phone, you need to create an app-specific password for the same. And to do that, follow these simple steps:
- Go to iCloud.com, and sign in using your current Apple credentials.
- Now, head to the Sign-in and security section on the Manage page.
- Click on App-specific passwords.
- Now, generate an app-specific password.
- You will be prompted to add a description of the password.
- Enter it and then click Create.
- Keep that password intact, as you will need it with the Google app you want to use.
- Similarly, you can create other app-specific passwords for the Calendar, Notes, and Photos app.
Q3. I keep getting a message saying my frame won’t connect to iCloud.
A3. If you are getting an error that says that your frame won’t connect to iCloud, then just follow these simple workarounds:
- Check your internet connection.
- Check Apple’s status page.
- Sign out of the iCloud and Sign back in.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Clear the cache files of the frame app and iCloud app.
- Check if your iCloud details are correct.
Q4. He stole my iCloud ID but doesn’t have a password.
Even if he stole your iCloud ID without a password, he can easily gain access to your iCloud account just by resetting it and changing the password, causing a great headache for you.
Therefore, if you feel like your iCloud ID is compromised, then you can just follow these methods to gain your account back.
- Try signing in to your Apple ID account. (If the account is locked try resetting it.)
- Change your iCloud ID password by feeding a strong one.
- Review all the personal and security accounts. Update any information that you don’t recognize including your name, primary Apple ID email address, all alternate email addresses, the devices that are associated with that particular iCloud ID, security questions and answers.
- Finally, set up the two-factor authentication for your iCloud ID.
Q5. Why is TikTok telling me to upload from iCloud when I change my PFP.
A5. When TikTok tells you to upload from iCloud when changing your PFP, it is probably because of some app glitch and you might want to wait for some time. Another get-around is to restart the app as well as your iOS device. Also, check for the TikTok app update and try clearing the app cache.
Finally, if nothing works, then report the PFP problem to TikTok support.
Q6. How can I secure a hacked iCloud account for iPhone?
A6. If you want to secure a hacked iCloud account for iPhone you should follow these steps:
- Contact Cyber Crime Cell.
- Take back your account by resetting it.
- Eliminate any suspicious recovery method
- Update the security questions.
- Check all associated accounts.
- Block all the credit cards associated with that iCloud account.
- Activate 2-factor authentication.
- Deauthorize all the apps that are associated with that particular iCloud account.
Q7. How do I save a picture without my family seeing it?
A7. Don’t worry, your family won’t be seeing any of your saved pictures, as iCloud Library is completely private to each user regardless of whether you are on a family plan or not. The photos should be shared through the Shared Family Photo album to be visible to family members.
Q8. How can I sign into my iCloud from someone else’s phone?
A8. If you want to access your iCloud account from someone else’s phone, you can safely and easily do it by visiting iCloud.com on the browser and then signing in with your iCloud credentials. I don’t recommend fetching your iCloud credentials into their iCloud app, because if you do, you will lose access to your iCloud account. In fact, if that person is not trustable, he/she can misuse your iCloud content making them the owner of the ID.
Q9. How do I check for iCloud on Mac before buying it?
A9. To check for any iCloud lock on Mac before buying a second-hand one, you just have to reboot the Mac into recovery mode by holding Command + R. While booting into recovery mode if it asks for a password then probably the Mac has an iCloud lock on it.
Q10. Is merging to iCloud the same as saving to the cloud?
A10. Yes, merging to iCloud is the same as saving to the cloud. If you tap Merge, the information you previously synced combines with the information on iCloud. And if you tap Do not Merge, you are prompted to Keep on My iPhone or delete.
Q11. Do recurring payments stop if you are signed out of iCloud?
A11. No, recurring payments do not stop even if you are signed out of iCloud. It only stops when you opt to downgrade your iCloud storage subscription to free. So, if you are planning to stop your recurring payments, I recommend downgrading your iCloud storage plan by Going to Settings Menu > Tap iCloud > Manage Storage > Change storage plan > Downgrade options > Tap Free.
Q12. Why did my iCloud get locked out when I updated my iPhone?
A12. If your iCloud got locked out when performing an iPhone update, then it is probably because Apple automatically believed that your iPhone is at risk of unauthorized access. So, if you want to bypass it, you can use some of the third-party apps or contact the Apple support team.
Q13. How can I find the owner of an email/iCloud account?
A13. Certainly, there is no way to find out the owner of an email/iCloud account because Apple is very strict in keeping their customer’s data private. Although, you can try searching for him on Facebook if you happen to get his name.
Q14. How can I contact someone with an iCloud Address?
A14. You can contact someone using an iCloud address by composing a mail to that address with the help of the Mail app and then sending them a message.
Q15. What iCloud app do I use to call someone?
A15. You can use iCloud’s FaceTime app to call someone over an iOS gadget. FaceTime is perhaps one of the most used videos calling apps provided by Apple.
Q16. Why is my iCloud asking me to update?
A16. There are possibly two reasons why your iCloud is asking for an update; (1) Apple wants to reconfirm the ownership of the iCloud ID, allowing you to keep using those services, and (2) It wants you to upgrade to more storage as your free storage is about to get full.
Q17. I lost my iPhone; I still have email going to my iCloud address. How can I view it?
A17. If you lost your iPhone but still have an email that is linked to your iCloud address, you can simply use another device, open the browser, and access iCloud.com. After that, sign in with your iCloud credentials and access the contents of your iCloud.
Additionally, you might want to reset the password of your iCloud ID, change security answers, remove any credit cards, and enable 2-factor authentication if not enabled to prevent any data loss.
Q18. How to mail to Gmail from iCloud?
A18. To send an email to Gmail from iCloud, simply go to the mail app on your iPhone, and click on Compose button. After that type the appropriate Gmail address in the address bar. Include BCC or CC if required. Then type in your message along with the subject line. Click on add attachments if you want to add any. Finally, click on the send button at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Q19. Why do I keep getting iCloud emails?
A19. As you are registered to the iCloud mail service you are eligible to get emails from legitimate email senders. Although if you are getting spam emails, then you can easily block them by following these simple steps:
- Open iCloud.com and then log in with your iCloud credentials.
- Click on Mail.
- Now, click on the Settings icon at the bottom left of the main screen.
- Click “Rules” from the pop-up menu.
- In the rules tab, click on “Add a Rule.”
- In the “If a message” section at the top of the dialog box, choose “Is from”, and then enter the email address that you want to block.
- Choose “Move to Trash”, from the “Then” section, and then click “Done.”
- Finally, click Done at the bottom of the Settings dialog box.
Q20. Need to get into my iCloud but I failed all attempts.
A20. If you failed to get into your iCloud, then you should probably examine the following problems:
- Double-check your iCloud credentials.
- Try connecting to the other internet connection.
- Restart the iOS device.
- Check for any change in terms and conditions.
- Check for system status of cloud.
- Finally, if the above-mentioned solutions don’t work, then try Resetting your iCloud ID Password from a trusted device after 24 hours.
Using iCloud gives an iOS user multiple advantages, plus it is one of the safest top-tier cloud-based services. Although, all of us tend to use Gmail accounts now and then, maybe for our workplace or school. Therefore, it is better to sync the Gmail account to the iCloud account rather than switching devices for the same. You can receive all your Gmail information whether it be your mail, contacts, notes, or calendars on one device.