iCloud is a brilliant cloud storage tool provided by Apple to its users as it allows a user to store his/her data including photos, videos, documents, files, and apps. It is more of a convenient feature i.e. to appreciate if you have multiple Apple devices and want the ease to access your media or file from anywhere. But what if I have an old phone and it has a collection of my favorite photos? How can I access photos from my old phone on the iCloud?
Let’s find out!
- 1 How can I access photos from my old phone on the iCloud?
- 2 How to see recently deleted photos?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions about iCloud:
- 3.1 1. How do I upgrade my iCloud account from 5GB to 50GB?
- 3.2 2. How can I retrieve my iCloud mail?
- 3.3 3. The computer says not enough space to recover encrypted iCloud with a stick but I have plenty of room on the computer.
- 3.4 4. How to take calendar items from iCloud to my iPhone Calendar?
- 3.5 5. I have a personal iPhone with my iCloud calendar on it and I just got a work iPhone. How do I stop my personal calendar from showing on my work phone?
- 3.6 6. If I was sending a bunch of pictures and videos to people how many GB of iCloud storage would I need?
- 3.7 7. I had to max I want one to be completely free of iCloud How do I do that?
- 3.8 8. Does it cost anything if you add another email to your iCloud?
- 3.9 9. I need to get my pictures from my iCloud but my email is different from the one I have now and it was an iPhone.
- 4 Final Remarks on “How can I access photos from my old phone on the iCloud“
How can I access photos from my old phone on the iCloud?
Well, the term iCloud means it is free of restrictions and can be accessed from anywhere no matter what device you are on; therefore, we can easily access photos from an old phone using a secondary iOS device, or a Windows PC, or even an Android mobile.
And for that follow these three simple methods with a step-by-step process:
But firstly, you need to ensure, if the iCloud is turned on or not, and for that;
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap “Photos.”
- Turn on iCloud photos by toggling the button to green if it is grey out.
- Done. The iCloud sync feature has been turned on. Repeat this process with every iOS device you own.
After you have turned on the iCloud feature, now you can proceed to these 3 methods with a step-by-step process.
Method #1: Accessing photos through iPhone or iPad:
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can easily access your old photos by using the device itself by accessing the photos app and then following these simple steps:
- Open the photos app on your new iPhone, iPad, or MacBook.
- You will see all of the photos that are taken on either of your iOS devices.
- Use the “Albums” button at the bottom of the screen to scroll the photos through various filters like time, date, location, and keyword.
Method #2 Accessing old photos using Windows PC:
Now, if you have a Windows device like your Windows PC, you do not need to worry about accessing the photos, as you can do it easily by visiting iCloud.com on your Windows PC. So, follow these simple steps:
- Open Chrome or any other browser on your PC.
- Now, enter iCloud.com, inside the address bar.
- You will get a screen that will ask you to enter the login credentials of your Apple ID.
- Fill it up.
- Now, after a successful login, you can see the Photos app tile similar to iPad or iPhone.
- Open the photos web-based app.
- Now, you can successfully scroll the photos from the iCloud Photo Library and download them.
Method #3 Access old photos using the Photos app on Windows:
However, if you don’t want to take the trouble of accessing the web every time, you can also install the iCloud photo app on your Windows PC by following these steps:
- Visit Apple support and download the iCloud for Windows app.
- After installation, simply launch the iCloud for Windows app.
- Log in with your Apple credentials.
- Done, you can now scroll your old photos from the Windows iCloud app itself.
Method #4: Access old photos using your Android phone:
So, getting your old photos from iCloud on your Android phone might be tricky, but not impossible. So, to do that, just follow these simple steps:
- Open Chrome browser on your Android phone.
- Type in iCloud.com inside the address bar. (If you are getting an error message, don’t worry, just click on the three-dotted menu on the right top corner, and then choose “Desktop site” from the list.)
- Now, sign in using your Apple credentials.
- Tap the photos icon.
- Scroll down the photos you need to see.
Note: You might be able to only scroll for limited photos at a time, because of Android’s limit.
- Finally, if needed, make a new album from your iPhone and then scroll your photos with ease.
How to see recently deleted photos?
We all have done this intentionally or unintentionally, but the main aim is to get those recently deleted photos back, and therefore:
- Open your Photos app on your iPad, iPhone, or any apple device.
- Scroll to the bottom and find the Recently Deleted Photos folder. This folder will contain everything you deleted in the last 30 days.
- Browse the images that you want to recover and tap on “Recover.”
- Done, your deleted photos are restored.
Frequently Asked Questions about iCloud:
1. How do I upgrade my iCloud account from 5GB to 50GB?
So, in order to upgrade your iCloud account from 5GB to 50GB on your iPhone, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Then, click on your account name.
- After that click on iCloud.
- Now, select the Manage Storage or Change storage plan option.
- Finally, choose the 50GB plan, and then follow the rest of the instructions for the payment gateway.
You can also upgrade iCloud storage using Mac and Windows by following these steps:
- Open iCloud for Windows.
- Click on the Storage option.
- Select Change Storage Plan.
- Choose the 50GB plan and then click on Next.
- Now, enter your Apple ID password and click Buy.
- Choose the Apple menu and click on System Preferences.
- Click on your Apple ID.
- Click on iCloud.
- Now, scroll to the lower right corner and click on Manage.
- After that Click on Change Storage Plan or Buy More Storage.
- Choose 50GB Plan.
- Finally, click Next and enter your Apple ID/Password.
- Done, you have successfully upgraded your iCloud storage from 5GB to 50GB. Similarly, you can opt for their 200GB and 1TB plan too.
2. How can I retrieve my iCloud mail?
To retrieve your iCloud mail simply go to the settings menu and then follow these simple steps:
- Open Settings menu.
- Scroll down to iCloud for versions below iOS 9, and iTunes and App store for versions above iOS 9.
- Then tap on Apple ID and click on iForget.
- Now, it will take us to the web version of iCloud and then will ask for our Apple ID.
- Enter it and click on Next.
- Now, enter a different email address or answer the security question.
- Either way, if you select Email, then it will send an email to your email ID.
- Open your mail and then click on Reset.
- Or, if you select the answer security question option, it will ask the questions you answered when you were setting up the account.
- Done, now it will take you to a new password page, enter your new password, and you are sorted.
3. The computer says not enough space to recover encrypted iCloud with a stick but I have plenty of room on the computer.
If your computer says not enough space to recover encrypted iCloud with a stick though you have plenty of room on the computer, then you should try deleting some of the files on your computer.
And if still, the problem persists you can try these methods:
- Restart your computer and device.
- Upgrade your iTunes version, because the old version can cause this error.
- Delete corrupted backups.
- Check the USB port.
- Try iTunes alternatives like AnyTrans.
- Lastly, if these solutions do not work, contact Apple Support.
4. How to take calendar items from iCloud to my iPhone Calendar?
If you want to take calendar items from iCloud to your iPhone calendar, simply start syncing the Calendar data from your iCloud account. And to turn on the sync follow these simple steps:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap your name at the top and choose iCloud.
- Enable the Calendars toggle.
- Done, now all your calendar items from iCloud are syncing on your iPhone Calendar.
5. I have a personal iPhone with my iCloud calendar on it and I just got a work iPhone. How do I stop my personal calendar from showing on my work phone?
So, if you are not happy with your personal iPhone calendar showing on your work iPhone you might need to stop sharing it with your work iPhone, and to do so you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Visit iCloud.com.
- Now, click on the Wi-Fi signal type of icon to the right on the calendar’s name in the sidebar.
- Deselect private calendar, public calendar, or both.
- Click OK.
- Finally, click on Stop Sharing.
- Done, now your calendar has successfully stopped syncing on your work iPhone.
6. If I was sending a bunch of pictures and videos to people how many GB of iCloud storage would I need?
If you are sharing a bunch of pictures and videos with people, then it depends on the file size of the media. For instance, if you have long recorded videos with edited photographs, then you might need a good amount of storage. So, you should probably opt for their 2TB storage option. The 2TB option comes really handy if you are a photographer.
7. I had to max I want one to be completely free of iCloud How do I do that?
If you want to be completely free of iCloud, then you can simply do it by deleting your iCloud account, and to do that simply;
- Go to your Apple ID account page under Manage account.
- Scroll down to the Data & Privacy section at the bottom.
- Click on Manage Your Privacy.
- At the bottom of the page, there is an option to delete an account.
- Click Request to Delete your account.
8. Does it cost anything if you add another email to your iCloud?
No, it doesn’t cost anything if you add another email to your iCloud as it is a free professional email service for Apple users.
9. I need to get my pictures from my iCloud but my email is different from the one I have now and it was an iPhone.
If you need to get your pictures from the iCloud from another email, you can just simply login to iCloud.com with the desired email. Then access the iCloud Photo app > Scroll your photos > Select them > And download them. After all this process you can simply put it in your new iCloud account.
Done, now you will have the photos from the old iCloud mail too.
Final Remarks on “How can I access photos from my old phone on the iCloud“
iCloud is an excellent cloud storage platform for Apple users as it helps them to store not only their photos and videos but also apps and other documents. Though, if you have changed your iPhone and want to access photos from your old phone on the iCloud, you can simply follow the above-mentioned methods, and get your memories back in no time.