If we run a quick fact check, then text messaging has been in the picture since the good old Nokia days.
Everyone, including office workers, uses text messages as their primary medium of communication.
Not just that, users can even create text message groups that can help them to stay connected with a bunch of people at the same time.
Although, a user needs to access his/her phone constantly to read or reply to a text message, which can be time-consuming, especially when you are working on a laptop or PC.
So, is there any solution to this problem?
Well, if you are an iPhone user, then yes, there is a solution.
You can use Apple’s Eco System for your well-being and forward text messages to your other iOS devices.
But how? How to automatically forward text messages on an iPhone?
Well, let’s find out!
- 1 How to automatically forward text messages on an iPhone?
- 2 Can you forward text messages to an Android phone from an iPhone automatically?
- 3 What to do when the “Text Message Forwarding” option is not visible in the Settings menu of your iPhone?
- 4 What are green and blue chat bubbles on iMessage?
- 5 Can two iPhones receive the same text message at the same time?
- 6 Is iMessenger free for lifetime?
- 7 Final Remarks on “How to automatically forward text messages on an iPhone?”
How to automatically forward text messages on an iPhone?
You can use the iPhone’s “Text Message Forwarding” feature – a part of Apple’s Continuity System, to automatically forward text messages on an iPhone.
But what is this Apple’s Continuity System?
Well, let me explain.
Apple’s Eco System or say the Continuity System is one of the best aspects of using iOS-based devices.
With this system a user can easily access calls & messages without touching their iPhone, share videos and pictures across all of their devices, extend their working space i.e., the screen, and can even find a lost device with the help of the “Find My” app.
However, in order to use the features of “Continuity System” properly, and in this case automatic message forwarding service, a user needs to sign in with the same Apple ID on all of their iOS devices.
So, don’t forget to link your iOS devices with your current Apple ID.
Now, to turn on the text message forwarding feature on your iPhone,
follow this simple step-by-step instruction.
Part 1: Adding a phone number.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on your “Apple ID” which is visible at the top of the screen.
- Then, tap on “Name, Phone Numbers, Email.”
- You will see an option called “Contactable At.”
- Just tap on “Edit.”
- Then, tap on “Add Email or Phone Number.”
- Enter the phone number on which you would like to receive your forwarded messages.
- Next, tap on “Add a phone number.”
- Finally, tap on “Done.”
Part 2: Enabling Text Message Forwarding feature:
- Go to the home page of the “Settings” app.
- Now, scroll through the list of apps to find the “Messages” app and then tap on it.
- Next, tap on the “Text Message Forwarding” option.
- You will see a list of iOS devices that are linked with that particular Apple ID.
- Tap on the toggle to enable the device on which you want to receive and send text messages.
- Now, you will be asked to enter an activation code on your iPhone. So, just access your secondary device for the code and then enter it on your primary iPhone.
- Lastly, tap on the “Allow” button. The Text Message Forwarding service has been successfully activated on main your iPhone. You will now be able to send and receive text messages on your secondary Apple device.
Can you forward text messages to an Android phone from an iPhone automatically?
No, you won’t be able to forward text messages automatically to an Android phone from an iPhone.
However, you can manually send those messages to your Android smartphone by following these simple steps:
- Open the “Messages” app from your iPhone home screen.
- Now, open your desired conversation.
- Then, scroll on that particular message that you want to forward.
- Next, tap and hold on the message bubble.
- A pop-up menu will appear.
- Now, tap on “More.”
- After that, select all the desired messages that you wish to forward.
- Then, tap on the “Share” icon that is visible at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You will be redirected to a field where you need to enter the recipient’s name or number.
- Lastly, tap on “Send.”
There can be instances where you won’t find the “Text Message Forwarding” option on the Settings app on your iPhone due to some
So, to rectify this glitch in few seconds, you can follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Now, navigate to the “Messages” app from the list.
- Tap on it to open.
- After that, turn off the “iMessage” feature for a second and then turn it back on.
- Then, tap on “Send & Receive.”
- Lastly, tap on the Apple ID which is currently active on your other iOS devices. You will now be able to see the “Text Message Forwarding” option on your iPhone.
What are green and blue chat bubbles on iMessage?
If you are new to the iOS territory, then you must be wondering about those random blue and green chat bubbles in your text conversations, so let me give you a brief explanation to this.
Now, to start with, we are fully aware of the fact that Apple devices run on its self-made eco-system, and the “Messages” app is a part of it.
So, when an iPhone user sends a message to another iPhone user on the Messenger app, the chat bubbles turn blue, which indicates that they are no longer some normal text messages, but multi-media messages where a user can easily send texts, images, videos, and documents to another iPhone user.
Moreover, a sender gets notified whenever a user is “typing” something or has “read” the message.
Not to mention, iMessenger can only be used on an active internet connection like WhatsApp.
However, when an iPhone user sends a text message to an Android user, it detects that it does not belong to Apple’s Ecosystem, and hence turns into a green chat bubble, indicating a normal text message.
Further adding, this normal text message won’t support features like media sharing and activity notifications, i.e., “typing” and “read” notification.
Plus, it depends upon your mobile carrier provider to send and receive SMS, so it can get costly at times.
Can two iPhones receive the same text message at the same time?
If you have two iPhones that are connected with the same Apple ID, then yes, both can receive the same text message at the same time.
Is iMessenger free for lifetime?
Yes, iMessenger is a free lifetime messaging service for iPhone users that allows to-and-fro messaging along with features such as, multi-media support and activity notification.
However, sometimes your iPhone needs to send an activation SMS to activate this service.
So, it might cost you depending on your mobile service provider’s SMS tariff.
Final Remarks on “How to automatically forward text messages on an iPhone?”
iPhone’s Messages app is packed with great features, and one of the most loved features is the “Text Message Forwarding” feature that allows a user to reply to, or read their texts on their iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or secondary iPhone, without any hassle.
Hence, if you are an iPhone user, then you should definitely try out this amazing feature to save your precious time.