Many IMs and Social Media apps are equipped with this feature that allows a user to start a group chat with other users. Moreover, creating, adding, and deleting a group chat is as easy as eating a cake. Not to mention, it also allows a user to initiate a group video/voice call without manually adding someone. But, what if you want to know who started the group chat? Can you figure it out? And if yes, then how to find out who started a group chat?
Well, don’t worry and keep reading the article to find out the solution.
- 1 How to find out who started a group chat?
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions on group chat admins:
- 3 Final Remarks on “how to find out who started a group chat?”
How to find out who started a group chat?
If you want to find out who started a group chat, you can simply visit the group profile, and see the information there.
Although, this might not be possible with every app, because every app is crafted by developers in a very different way. Therefore, if you wanna get a step-by-step tutorial for the same, then skip to the next segment.
How to find out who started a group chat- (A step-by-step tutorial):
If you are a WhatsApp user and are a part of a WhatsApp group chat, then you can easily find the creator of the group by following these simple steps:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Head to the group chat, and then tap to open it.
- Now, tap the “group icon” or “group name” to open up the group info menu.
- And that’s it, you will now be able to see the name of the creator along with the date of inception.
If you are a Telegram user, then you can find the name of the person who started the group chat by finding the “Owner” tag besides that member’s name.
So, if you want to find out the “Owner” of the group, then just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Telegram app.
- Then, tap on the Telegram group.
- Now, tap on the group name.
- And that’s it, you can now see who is the creator of the group, just by finding the “Owner” tag besides their name.
Note: You can also use this method, to find out the “Owner” on a “Public Group.”
Social media app like Instagram also allows their users to create a DM group so that they can easily communicate with each other without migrating to another platform.
However, if you are a part of an Instagram group chat, and want to figure out the creator of the group, then you can look for the “Admin” tag, that is visible before their username.
So, if you wanna have a sneak peek at the group admin, then follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Then, click on the “DM” icon.
- After that, scroll to that particular group chat.
- Now, tap to open it.
- Then tap on the “(i)” icon or the group name.
- Now, scroll down to find the “Members” section.
- The first name on the member’s list will have the “Admin” tag before its username. This means that the person with the “Admin” tag is the creator of the group.
Note: You can get an accurate answer if and only if, there is only one “Admin” i.e., the creator of the group.
If you are someone who is using Discord as your chat tool and want to find out who started a group chat, then simply follow this tutorial.
- Open Discord.
- Then, open the group chat from the “Direct Messages” section.
- Now, you will see a list of people on the right side of the chat window.
- Find the user with a “Crown” icon beside his/her name.
- And that’s it, he/she is the creator of that particular Discord group chat.
Signal users can find the creator of the group by finding the “Admin” tag.
To find the “Admin” of the group, just follow these simple steps:
- Open Signal app.
- Now, tap on the group chat to open it.
- Then, tap on the “Group Name” or “Group Icon” to view the group settings.
- Scroll to view the group members list.
- Lastly, find the one who has the “Admin” tag next to their name.
Note: Like Instagram, you will be able to find out the real admin of the group, if and only if there are no other admins appointed by the creator.
Frequently Asked Questions on group chat admins:
Can an admin appoint someone else as the admin?
Yes, a creator of the group aka admin can easily appoint someone else as an admin, which makes the group handling task much easier.
What powers an admin has while on a group chat?
Admins can remove someone from the group, block them from getting added, can customize the group chat, disable certain features, and so on.
Can you leave a group chat if you are an admin?
Yes, you can definitely leave a group chat despite being an admin. However, prior to leaving the group chat, you need to appoint someone else as an admin.
Can you delete messages for everyone on a WhatsApp group chat if you are an admin?
Yes, if you are an admin, then you can delete any messages for everyone on a WhatsApp group chat.
Can you remove a group admin from a group chat?
No, you can’t remove a group admin from the group chat, unless he/she makes an exit willingly.
Final Remarks on “how to find out who started a group chat?”
Starting a group chat and managing it as an admin is easy as well as a complex task at the same time. An admin can easily add, remove, and customize the group according to his wish.
Although, sometimes the group members have this curiosity to find out the real creator of the group chat. Hence, if you are someone who wants to find out the creator of the group, then I recommend you follow this step-by-step guide, which will easily help you extract the information that you need.