Are you on Snapchat and want to read messages without notifying the other person?
If yes, then you have just landed on the right page, because this article is all about how to read Snapchat messages without them knowing.
Snapchat started as a photo-video-sharing social media app and has now become one of the most used social media app with around 332 million daily active users around the world.
This app is most popular among teens, who love sharing their day-to-day lives with their friends.
Not just that, you can also chat with your friends through text, which is similar to most of the instant messaging apps out there.
Although, this app is very strict about its transparency and privacy factor and doesn’t allow a Snapchat user to view a message or a snap secretly.
So, what will you do if you are in a meeting or are ignoring someone, but still want to read that new unread Snapchat message without notifying them?
Well, let’s find out!
- 1 How to read Snapchat messages without them knowing?
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions on Snapchat:
- 2.1 Can you read old Snapchat messages?
- 2.2 How to view your Snapchat data?
- 2.3 Can you screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing?
- 2.4 Can you send Snaps to people who are not added to your friend’s list?
- 2.5 Can a user get a notification if you have blocked them?
- 2.6 What do different signs with different colors indicate on Snapchat?
- 3 Final Remarks on “How to read Snapchat messages without them knowing?”
How to read Snapchat messages without them knowing?
To read Snapchat messages without them knowing, you can try these two simple and quick solutions.
- Try sliding the chat halfway.
- Try third-party apps like KidsGuard Pro or AirDroid.
Try sliding the chat halfway:
The first hack that you can try to read the Snapchat messages without notifying the sender is by sliding the chat halfway.
Now, this is a loophole of Snapchat, because the app doesn’t consider the snap as “Opened” until you have opened the chat box completely.
Hence, you can easily use this to your advantage.
But be very cautious while following this method.
Don’t slide the chat too close to the end of the screen that the chat box completely reveals itself, and don’t even slide it too little that you won’t be able to read the complete message.
So, now that you’ve gotten clear instructions for the same, let’s now move towards the step-by-step process.
- Open the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device along with an active internet connection.
- The app will open up on the main screen, i.e., the camera view.
- Now to access the recent chats tab initiate a right swipe.
- You will see a list of your snap buddies whom you recently contacted. For instance, if you have opened, sent, or received snap /text messages.
- Next, tap & hold down the Avatar of the person that has sent you a new snap or message, and then slowly swipe to the right without releasing it. Not to mention, don’t swipe it till the end of the screen, because it may lead to failure.
- After you have seen the message, slowly swipe it again to the left, and done. You have successfully read a Snapchat message without even notifying the sender.
Note: You can clearly see in the image that the other person got notified when I tried to take a screenshot. So, don’t attempt it if you
want this secret mission to be successful.
Try third-party apps like KidsGuard Pro or AirDroid:
If you are someone who wants to read Snapchat messages without them knowing, but don’t want to risk it with the previous method, then you can try installing a third-party mobile tracker like AirDroid and KidsGuard, that can help you track, read, and see Snapchat stories, messages and maps without notifying them.
Moreover, these apps have an easy installation process and can be accessed remotely without even touching your phone.
You will also get real-time notifications from other apps.
So, if you are ready to try this method, then follow this guide for an easy installation process.
The installation process for KidsGuard:
- Open the browser on your PC or mobile.
- Now, visit Clevguard.com.
- You will get a list of OS options.
- Choose the app according to your OS, i.e., Android or iOS.
- After that, click on the “Monitor Now” or “Buy Now” button.
- Next, sign up using your email address and then choose a plan accordingly.
- Then, visit Clevguard.net on the target phone.
- Now, download & install the KidsPro assistant app on that device.
- Next, login into the app using the registered credentials.
- You will now see an on-screen wizard with instructions to help you with the installation process.
- After a successful installation of this app, it will go into stealth mode.
- Lastly, all you have to do is login into the KidsGuard web control panel with the help of your PC or mobile browser. And that’s it, now you can monitor every incoming Snapchat message without even touching your phone.
The installation process for AirDroid:
- Visit AirDroid’s official website to download and install the parental controls app on your device.
- After the installation process is done, you will get a sign-up page.
- So, create an account to log in.
- Now, download AirDroid’s Kids app.
- After that, install the app, launch it, and make the necessary settings to customize the features.
- Now, enter the pairing code to connect your device to the target device, and done. The app will start running in stealth mode. You can now keep up with your Snapchat notifications without even touching your phone.
Bonus: Don’t try this method, it doesn’t work anymore.
Opening the message on Airplane mode:
The next hack that I came across while researching this topic was to open up a snap secretly by using the airplane mode feature.
Now for the fact, it was probably possible to read the messages on Snapchat secretly by using this method in the year 2021, but as the app got updated, Snapchat has fixed this issue, or I can say implemented more strict security patches.
Moreover, the process was much more complex, like switching on the airplane mode > opening the app > opening the message > deleting the cache & data > switching off the airplane mode > and then again logging into your account.
And to be honest, as soon as the app gets an active internet connection, the activity automatically gets updated on its server and the user gets notified.
So, if you come across this hack, please skip it for good.
Frequently Asked Questions on Snapchat:
Can you read old Snapchat messages?
If you are tempted to read the old conversation that you had with your friends on Snapchat, then there are only two ways.
- Screenshot them.
- Save them.
Now, if you want to save the messages on Snapchat, then you need to follow these simple step-by-step instructions.
- Open Snapchat.
- Navigate to the chat page by initiating a right swipe to see your recent messages.
- Now, tap on the person’s name to open the conversation.
- After that, navigate to the specific message that you want to save.
- Lastly, just tap and hold down that message for a moment and then select “Save in Chat.” The message will be saved inside that specific chat.
You can now just go to that particular Snapchat ID whenever you wish to see that saved message.
However, if you no longer want that message after few days or even hours, then you can easily delete it by following these steps:
- Open Snapchat.
- Navigate to the chat page by swiping right to see your recent messages.
- Now, tap on the person’s name to open that particular conversation that you have saved.
- Next, go to that particular message that you have saved.
- Lastly, tap and hold down the message for a moment, and then select “Unsave in Chat” to delete it.
How to view your Snapchat data?
It is a very well-known fact that Snapchat deletes, snaps (images and videos) and messages from its server after 24 hours.
Although, if you want, you can access the deleted data by using the “My data” feature on the app.
By accessing this feature, you can request Snapchat to send you your data through email.
So, if you are keen to get back your data, then just follow this simple guide.
- Open Snapchat on your device.
- Now, tap on your Bitmoji which is located on the left side of the camera screen to open your profile.
- Then, select “Settings” (the gear-shaped icon usually located at the top right of the screen).
- Next, navigate to the “Privacy” section of the page.
- Then, tap on “My Data.”
- Now, log in with your username/email and password.
- Next, enter your registered email address inside both the boxes, and then tap on “Submit request.”
- You will now get a link on your registered email id.
- Click on the link.
- You will be redirected to a your default Snapchat page, where you might be asked to login again.
- Now, tap on “mydata.zip” file to download your Snapchat data.
- Lastly, unzip the folder and access your requested data.
Can you screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing?
Can you send Snaps to people who are not added to your friend’s list?
No, you cannot send, receive or see the story of people who are not on your Snapchat friends list.
Can a user get a notification if you have blocked them?
No, a user won’t get a notification if you have blocked them. The only way that they can do it is by checking your username on another account.
What do different signs with different colors indicate on Snapchat?
Final Remarks on “How to read Snapchat messages without them knowing?”
Snapchat is an app that is very strict about its user’s privacy and security, and because of that reason users have zero leverage to see someone’s message secretly, unless they follow the tricks that are mentioned above in the article.
So, if you are someone who secretly wants to read your friends Snapchat message without them knowing, then go ahead and follow
this article thoroughly.