Are you bored during your free time at school?
Then why don’t you play games on your school computer?
Wait, what? Your school has blocked every game available, and now you are left with no choice but to accept it and move on?
Well, you really don’t need to, because I am going to help you overcome this situation, and give you some fantastic hacks, that will solve this mystery; “how to unblock games on a school computer?”
So, what are you waiting for?
Let’s unfold the mystery!
- 1 How to Unblock Games on a School Computer?
- 1.1 Use VPN extensions:
- 1.2 Use Tor:
- 1.3 Use public proxy servers:
- 1.4 Use IP address instead of domain name:
- 1.5 Use HTTP instead of HTTPS:
- 1.6 Use your mobile hotspot:
- 1.7 Try Firefox portable:
- 1.8 Try URL shortening websites:
- 1.9 Modify host’s file:
- 1.10 Change the DNS settings:
- 1.11 Change network proxy:
- 1.12 Eliminate gaming website from administrator itself:
- 1.13 Unblock administrator:
- 2 Final Remarks on how to unblock games on a school computer:
How to Unblock Games on a School Computer?
So, for starters, I will strongly suggest you use a VPN, if possible because a VPN is something that will not only help you bypass this block situation, but will also encrypt your internet traffic. Thus, no one will be able to see what you are doing on your school computer, not even your school authorities.
But yes, VPNs are costly, and it would not be a good call if you only want to unblock games on a school computer. Plus, your school must have blocked VPN installation on the computer.
So, what should be done?
Well, keep on reading to find out!
Use VPN extensions:
This is one of the most popular alternatives to VPN software. Generally, every VPN company provides its extension. So, I recommend you install a reliable and efficient VPN extension on the browser of your school computer, which will help you to bypass this restriction so that you can play your favorite online game without any hassle.
Moreover, your school authority won’t be able to figure out that you have installed a VPN extension unless they dig deep into that particular browser.
The Onion Router formally known as Tor is one of the most popular browsers when it comes to bypassing any geo-restriction. Additionally, it will also encrypt your internet traffic, thus providing you with total anonymity.
However, Tor as a proxy browser has also gained some negative limelight, as the Tor network is managed by Tor volunteers, who are unknown and unofficial. Thus, leaving us in dark about the reliability of traffic encryption, because it can be anyone, even a hacker.
Plus, your school can easily detect the traffic if they use a correct tool like Caploader, which can capture internet traffic accurately. And on top of that, there is a list of Tor’s server addresses that can be used by your school to block Tor.
So, I advise you to opt for the Tor browser very carefully.
Note: Tor needs administrator permission for the installation process. Therefore, if your school has blocked administrator permission, skip this solution.
Use public proxy servers:
A public proxy server is another great option that will help you unblock games on a school computer. Public proxies like HMA and Proxfree allow a user to access blocked websites by changing his/her IP address to a different location.
So, you can use a public proxy server either by accessing their websites or by installing a proxy extension.
Although, a proxy server is not safe as a VPN server, as it does not encrypt your internet traffic, plus it is very cluttered with many users which results in slow speed and annoying lags.
Use IP address instead of domain name:
We all access websites using their domain name. But what if I told you that websites can also be accessed via their IP addresses.
Seems impossible, right?
Well, it’s not. You can easily access a blocked website like your favorite gaming website, “Roblox” from your school computer, by fetching the correct IP address using the WhoIsLookUp tool, and then copying the IP address and pasting it inside the URL bar.
Doing this will unblock the blocked website easily. Reason? Because many schools only block the domain name or URL of the websites, thus leaving us some space for experiment.
Use HTTP instead of HTTPS:
HTTPS websites are considerably more secure and reliable when compared to HTTP ones, because of the SSL certificates that are installed on such websites.
Therefore, many schools only block the HTTPS versions of a website, leaving HTTP version open.
So, you can always use the HTTP version of a website instead of HTTPS, and vice versa, to access your favorite online game in the school.
For instance, if https://abcdgames.com is blocked on your school computer, then you can try accessing http://abcdgames.com as an alternative. But remember, HTTP sites are not reliable, so do not enter any sensitive information on these sites.
Use your mobile hotspot:
Mobile hotspots are the game-changer in the internet community, as hotspots allow a user to connect to the internet using existing mobile data.
And therefore, you can also use your mobile data to unblock games on your school computer. Just turn on the hotspot feature, connect your school computer to the hotspot, and you are good to go.
Additionally, you can also use the USB tethering feature, where you just have to connect your mobile phone to the computer via a USB cable, and boom, it will start acting as a modem for the computer.
Try Firefox portable:
Sometimes school authorities only block these websites on a particular browser. So, you can use “Firefox Portable”, a portable web browser created by John T. Haller, that allows a user to access the internet without installing it on the computer.
Basically, this portable version runs on the USB flash drive, and therefore, the school administrator will not be able to figure out whether you are using a browser or just fetching some important stuff for your school project.
Although, don’t use it in front of your teacher, or else you might get caught.
Try URL shortening websites:
URL shortening websites like Bitly and TinyURL can help you unblock games on your school computer by simply changing the original URL into a short and different one.
Plus, most schools only block official websites, so it is a win-win situation.
Modify host’s file:
You can modify the host’s file and get access to your favorite websites on a school computer easily. Although, this hack requires a lot of tweaking, and therefore, I only recommend this if you are a tech geek person who knows what he/she is doing.
So, if you want to continue with this hack, you can proceed further.
To access hosts files on Windows, just head to local disk C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc.
But if you are on Mac, just use the following terminal command: “Sudo nano/etc/hosts.”
Now, after you find a file named called “hosts”, just open it and find the name of the gaming website that you want to access. After finding it, just replace the correct IP address with the incorrect one, or just delete it.
Change the DNS settings:
If your school uses DNS filtering to block the websites, then you just have to change the DNS settings, and you are good to go.
Want a step-by-step tutorial?
Then read on!
- Open “Control Panel.”
- Then go to “Network & Internet.”
- Then, head to “View network status and tasks.”
- After that, go to the “Local Area Connection” option.
- Finally, head to “Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)”, and then enable, “Use the following DNS server addresses.”
- Now, paste the following addresses.
OpenDNS: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
Google Public DNS: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
Change network proxy:
By changing the network proxy, you can unblock games on a school computer easily. So, if you are interested in this hack, just follow these simple steps:
- Open Chrome Browser or any browser that is installed on your school computer.
- Click on the “three-dotted” menu.
- Scroll down and select “Settings.”
- You will now see a list of options on the left-hand side of the screen.
- From there, click on “Advanced.”
- After that, click on “System.”
- Now, click on the “Open your computer proxy settings” option.
- Then, navigate to the “Use a proxy server” option, located under the “Manual Proxy Setup.”
- Click on “Setup.”
- The “Edit Proxy Server” menu will pop up.
- Enable the “Use a proxy server” option.
- Open another tab on your Chrome browser, and visit https://spys.one.
- You will see a list of IP addresses and their port numbers.
- Now, copy the “IP address and the Port number” of your favorite location.
- Then, paste the copied “IP address and port number” in their respective boxes.
- Lastly, click on “Save.”
Eliminate gaming website from administrator itself:
Similar to the above-mentioned hack, this hack also needs a person to be a tech geek. Plus, there are high chances that you might get caught while doing so. Therefore, only perform this hack if you are ready to face the consequences.
- Open the “Control Panel.”
- Now, head towards the “Internet options.”
- Then, click on the “Restricted Websites” option, located under “Internet Security Zone.”
- Click on “Sites.”
- Now, check if the gaming website that you are trying to access is on the blocked website list.
- If it is, then select the “URL” and click on “Remove.”
- Done. Now try accessing your favorite gaming website, it should be accessible now.
Now, if you are a Chromebook user, you can easily unblock administrator, and start accessing your favorite gaming websites just like that. But remember, this hack also involves the risk of getting caught, so proceed with caution.
- Press and hold the “Esc+Refresh+Power button.”
- Now, a screen with big yellow “!” mark will pop up.
- Press, “CTRL+D.”
- Then, press the “Enter” button followed by the “Space” button.
- Press “Enter” again.
- The Chromebook will now reboot, along with the following message, “Welcome to your new Chromebook.”
- Finally, connect with your home Wi-Fi, and log in with your “Google Credentials.”
Final Remarks on how to unblock games on a school computer:
Your school can easily block games on the school network and computer by using DNS filtering or a firewall. And to be honest it is a legitimate move from their side, as they don’t want you to use the bandwidth of the school network in unproductive things like gaming and streaming. Plus, they want you to focus on your studies.
However, it is totally unfair on your side, and therefore, you can unblock games on a school computer easily by following these simple hacks.