If you are an Apple user, then you always need an iCloud account in order to backup all your data including photos, videos, documents, and apps. Having an iCloud account is so helpful that if you even lose your Apple gadget, you can stay rest assured about your data staying safe, as it is all backed up on iCloud. Also, it helps a user in accessing his data on any device he wishes including Windows. Although, some people don’t like to give away their real email ID while surfing or shopping for something to avoid spam mails. So, can people make fake iCloud accounts?
Let’s find out!
Can People make fake iCloud Accounts?
Yes, people can make a fake iCloud account, if they don’t wish to give away their original Apple ID to the shopping sites or while subscribing to newsletters, by just using the iCloud’s Hide My Email feature.
So, if you want to get your own fake iCloud email account for the same, just follow this article till the end.
How to create a fake iCloud ID using Hide My Email:
So, to get yourself a fake iCloud email ID, first, you will need an iOS device running iOS 15 or later. After that follow these simple steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Tap on your Apple ID name at the top of the settings menu.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap on Hide My Email.
- Tap Create New Address.
- Tap on Continue.
- After that give it an identifying label.
- You can also make a note about it. (Optional)
- Now, Tap on Next.
- Tap on Done.
- Voila! You have successfully created a fake iCloud email ID that can be used to fill up random forms while signing up for anything.
How to deactivate a fake iCloud account using Hide My Email?
Now you have created a fake email id using Hide My Email, but what if you are getting annoying spam emails in your primary inbox? You will deactivate it right?
Well, Hide My Email also allows a user to deactivate a fake created iCloud account, and to do that, just follow these simple steps:
- Launch the Settings app from your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on your Apple ID name that is located at the top of the settings menu.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap Hide My Email.
- Tap the email address that you want to deactivate.
- Tap on Deactivate Email Address.
- Tap Deactivate to confirm.
- Done. Now you won’t be receiving any spam emails from the fake iCloud address.
Note: For instance, if you want to re-activate you can do it by simply navigating to the bottom of your active address list and then tapping on Reactivate Address. You can also delete the account permanently by tapping on Delete Address.
How to forward a fake iCloud account by using Hide My Email?
So, if you want to forward the mails on another dummy account, you can simply do it by:
- Launching the Settings app.
- Tapping Apple ID name which is at the top of the Settings menu.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap Hide My Email.
- Scroll to the bottom of the email, and tap Forward to.
- Select the desired forwarding dummy email address.
- Tap Done.
Frequently Asked Questions about iCloud:
How do I delete my iCloud messages ASAP?
To delete your iCloud messages, you can follow these simple steps:
For iPhone, iPad, and iPod:
Deleting individual messages or attachments:
- Touch and hold the messages bubble you want to delete.
- Tap More.
- Tap the Trash button, then tap Delete Message.
- If you want to delete the entire message thread tap Delete All in the upper left corner.
- Then, tap Delete Conversation.
Deleting an entire conversation:
- Swipe left on the conversation that needs to be deleted.
- Tap Delete.
- Tap Delete again to confirm.
Deleting individual messages:
- Open the desired conversation.
- Control-click the blank area of that message bubble.
- Choose Delete.
- Click Delete.
Deleting the entire conversation:
- Control-click a conversation.
- Choose Delete Conversation.
- Click Delete.
How do I get back anything on the cloud and then stop using iCloud?
If you are aiming to get back anything on iCloud and then stop using it, you can simply do it by backing up data on the cloud and then stop syncing the iCloud with the devices.
To stop using iCloud follow these simple steps:
For iPhone, iPad, and iPod:
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
- If you want to keep that data on your device, turn it on.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Tap Sign Out again to confirm that you want to Sign Out of iCloud.
- Choose Apple Menu.
- Then click on System Preference.
- Click on Apple ID and then on Overview. (If you are using High Sierra or earlier, Click iCloud.)
- Click Sign Out.
- Click on Keep Copy if you want to keep the backup on your Mac.
- In the same way, if you want to keep a copy of your Safari passwords, click Keep this on Mac.
- Finally, confirm the Sign Out.
Why does ESPN need access to my iCloud?
The reason why ESPN needs access to your iCloud account is that it links your iCloud account to ESPN, giving access to all your devices, whether it be your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV.
Does it cost anything if you add another email to your iCloud?
No, it doesn’t cost you anything if you add another email to your iCloud as it is a free professional email address for Apple users.
Resetting my iCloud for more storage without losing data. How to?
So, if you want to reset your iCloud for more storage without losing data, you can always back up your data on your PC or Mac by visiting iCloud.com, and then logging in with your Apple ID. After that, just download whatever data your need on your computer.
Finally, after backing up your data, delete the data you feel is unwanted, maybe it is your photo, text, documents, videos, or anything.
Thus, giving you some extra space on iCloud.
How do I have a shortcut to my iCloud?
If you want to have a shortcut on your iPhone for your iCloud follow these steps:
- Open Settings app.
- Now, head to iCloud.
- Locate “iCloud drive.”
- Toggle the switch on for “iCloud Drive.”
- Now, turn on the “Show on Home Screen.”
- Exit the settings, and now you will find out the shortcut to iCloud on your iPhone’s home screen.
Similarly for Mac, you need to:
- Select iCloud drive from the left sidebar.
- Click View in the menu bar.
- Select “Show Path Bar.”
- You will now see the iCloud icon.
- Drag it to your desktop and release it.
Will my iCloud notify my phone if I log into the iCloud message on MacBook?
Yes, since 2017, Apple has been providing this security feature, that they will notify through email if you have logged iCloud message on MacBook or any other device.
Does the iCloud account use cell or Wi-Fi?
iCloud basically needs a working internet connection whether it be in a form of cellular data or a Wi-Fi connection. Without a working internet connection, it cannot function properly.
Why doesn’t iCloud use cellular technology?
No, iCloud uses any technology which permits it to connect to a working internet connection. So, if you are on a Wi-Fi or cellular data it doesn’t matter. Although, the only concern with cellular data is that it gets exhausted very soon, therefore it is recommended to use Wi-Fi to use iCloud unless you don’t have an unlimited data pack.
When I buy a 2nd Apple product and use my same Apple ID, why does my iCloud storage won’t increase?
If you buy a 2nd Apple product and use the same Apple ID, your iCloud storage won’t increase because it is online cloud storage that works on the Internet.
Every online cloud storage has no connection with the number of gadgets you purchase. Similarly, iCloud is just a Cloud storage platform, not a physical storage platform.
So, you won’t get extra iCloud space with 2 apple gadgets but yes, you will surely get increased physical storage capacity.
How do you upload pixel studio to iCloud?
If you want to upload pixel studio to iCloud, follow these simple steps.
- After creating a pixel image using pixel studio, click on the Menu button and then click on the Save option.
- Select save to files.
- Then select iCloud Drive.
- Done, your pixel studio creation is uploaded to iCloud.
Why do I keep getting the message to add more iCloud?
You keep getting the message to add more iCloud probably because you are running out of iCloud storage space given by the company. Additionally, they keep pushing their customers to purchase extra storage space that comes with a 200GB or 2TB option. So, if you are getting this notification, you should probably consider emptying some space on your iCloud, or else buy an additional one.
Can a hacker add photos or videos to an old hacked iCloud account?
Short answer, yes! A hacker can add photos and videos to an old hacked iCloud account, as it gives him/her the freedom to access it as an owner. Not just that, with a hacked iCloud account a hacker can easily read/send emails, access your contacts, see your calendar entries, access any file saved on the cloud, read your notes, locate your GPS location in real-time.
Do you have to deposit money in your iCloud to use Snap?
Do I need an SD card for my iCloud storage to work?
No, you do not need an SD card for your iCloud storage to work because iCloud is a fully Cloud storage service that needs a working internet connection to function.
By using iCloud, you can store your photos, videos, documents, files, and access them across any device you want, including Windows.
Too many attempts were made to find iPhone. iCloud locked. Will it reopen itself after a period of time?
Yes, iCloud will reopen or unlock itself after a period of 24 hours, requiring you to enter the security answer if you are locked out of the iCloud account for making too many attempts.
How do I get into my old iCloud if my old iPad doesn’t work anymore?
To get into your old iCloud account, you can simply log in to your old Apple ID by visiting iCloud.com on a PC, and then back up everything to your PC.
Note: This method will only work if you have turned on the sync feature on your old iPad. Plus, if you have forgotten your password, you can simply reset it using your other Apple device or someone else. Also, if you don’t own an Apple gadget anymore, simply go to the Apple ID page > Click the forget Apple ID or password link > Enter your Apple ID > Enter the phone number that is associated with the Apple account > Press continue > Follow the prompts that are sent to your other registered devices.
Final Remarks on “can people make fake iCloud accounts“
As Apple users, we all love the iCloud feature as it offers the freedom to access our content from any device we want and from anywhere we want. Similarly, the iCloud email gives a professional look to the email address. Although sometimes we don’t like to share our personal iCloud account with a third-party website or app, therefore we crave to create additional fake iCloud accounts.
Thus, by using the Hide My Email feature provided by Apple, an iCloud user can easily create a dummy email account and stop worrying about getting spammed on the original iCloud account.