Are you aiming to pursue your career in the field of cyber security? Or do you just want to upgrade your cyber security skills? If yes, then this is the perfect article for you, where I have listed down some of the best cyber security training courses in 2022, that will surely help you skyrocket your cyber security career.
So, don’t wait, and just jump to the main content.
- 1 10 best cyber security training courses in 2022.
- 1.1 1. The complete cyber security course by Nathan House (hosted by Udemy).
- 1.2 2. Cybersecurity certification by the University of Maryland (hosted by Coursera).
- 1.3 3. Introduction to cybersecurity by Codecademy.
- 1.4 4. Cybersecurity for Business specialization by the University of Colorado (hosted by Coursera).
- 1.5 5. Cybersecurity certification courses by Simplilearn.
- 1.6 6. Security Engineer by Udacity.
- 1.7 7. Web Security & Bug Bounty: Learn Penetration testing in 2022 (hosted by the ZTM community).
- 1.8 8. Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach by UC3Mx (edx).
- 1.9 9. Cyber Security: Go from Zero to Hero (hosted by Udemy).
- 1.10 10. IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate (hosted by Coursera).
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions on Cyber Security.
- 3 Final Remarks on “Best cyber security training courses.”
10 best cyber security training courses in 2022.
With the increase in the number of online activities, users can witness the growth rate of various cyber security attacks like; phishing attacks, virus attacks, DDoS attacks, CSFR attacks, ransomware attacks, and so on. Therefore, it has become very much important for us (the users) to implement the correct tools on our computer systems and networks.
No doubt, on a personal level, the process is not that complex, but whenever it comes to running an online business, there needs to be a dedicated team of cyber security experts, who can handle each and everything skillfully, and keep the operations running smooth.
So, if you are someone who belongs to the cyber security team or wants to be a part of it, then you can check out the following cyber security training courses that will help you level up your skills in no time.
1. The complete cyber security course by Nathan House (hosted by Udemy).
The complete cyber security course by Nathan House is my #1 pick for you.
Now, you will ask why?
Well, Nathan House is a cyber security expert and CEO of a well-known cyber security company called “Station X.” Plus he has got 25+ years of experience in the field of Internet Security, and has worked with many big and small projects that are worth millions. So, it is very much safe to say that you will be learning “Cyber Security” from someone who has hands-on real-world experience in tackling and battling many dangerous cyber security threats.
What topics are covered?
This course covers both basic and advanced level topics about Cyber security and online threats. So, you will be able to learn all about encryption, how is data transferred from one host to others via the internet, and how the data can be stolen and changed.
Moreover, this course has a total of 4 modules, namely;
- The Complete Cyber Security Course: Hackers exposed!
- The Complete Cyber Security Course: Network Security!
- The Complete Cyber Security Course: Anonymous Browsing!
- The Complete Cyber Security Course: End Point Protection!
These four modules are a complete guide to privacy and anonymity and are very much ideal for someone who wants to become an expert in security, privacy, and anonymity.
Not to mention, you will also learn about the global tracking and hacking infrastructure that nation-states run. Covering the FBI, CIA, NSA, GCHO, China’s MSS, and other intelligent capabilities.
2. Cybersecurity certification by the University of Maryland (hosted by Coursera).
Cybersecurity certification by the University of Maryland falls in second place on this list. This course has been designed to help you gain the knowledge, technical skills, and expertise that is needed to unlock your potential to become a cyber security expert. You can also easily receive the guidance that is needed to achieve your professional goal in the field of cyber security.
What topics are covered?
It will cover all the fundamental topics that include everything from hardware to software, to the human-computer interface along with using cryptography for securing the interactions. Moreover, you will get solid theoretical knowledge through hands-on exercises that involve using relevant tools and techniques. The concept is illustrated using the examples picked from modern practices.
The course is structured in a 5-course series, which focuses on the topics like;
- Foundation of software security.
- Hardware security and trust.
- Capstone project.
- Foundations of modern cryptography along with practical applications.
- Usable security to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus.
3. Introduction to cybersecurity by Codecademy.
Introduction to cybersecurity by Codecademy is the third recommendation on the list. This Cyber Security course is interactive and helps an individual learn important cyber security concepts in a fun way.
What topics are covered?
In this course, you will learn the basic concepts which are needed to identify and protect your computer system against common cyber security threats and attacks. Additionally, you will get to learn the basics of network security as well as the ways to detect common cyber security threats like malware and phishing.
Further stating, you will also gain an understanding of principles and policies, commonly used authentication techniques, and network security fundamentals. You will also be able to create a portfolio project to showcase your skills.
Not to mention, this course also has an interesting set of quizzes that will help you test your knowledge in the field of cybersecurity.
4. Cybersecurity for Business specialization by the University of Colorado (hosted by Coursera).
This cybersecurity certification course will teach you how to defend yourself and your company from the various cyber-attacks which can compromise your assets. The program is specially designed for beginners so that they can be introduced to the real world of computer security. It will also help you learn the fundamentals of using security in the real business world.
What topics are covered?
Topics such as how to defend assets and computer systems from attackers is covered in this course, which will help you understand attacks and threats better, so that you can protect your system in a better way.
It consists of a series of 4 courses, namely;
- Practical perspective on computer security.
- How to use tools and principles to protect information.
- Types of threats and vectors commonly seen in today’s environment.
- How to proactively test what you have put in place to protect your data.
5. Cybersecurity certification courses by Simplilearn.
With Simplilearn’s cybersecurity certification courses one can become an advanced-level cybersecurity expert. In fact, it has various foundation and advanced level courses in collaboration with the world’s leading universities.
To start with, you can initially choose the “Introduction to cybersecurity” program that will help you to get a clear idea on the fundamental concepts of cybersecurity along with the common challenges of creating a security program. You will also get to learn how to develop an information security program and manage it properly, carry out disaster recovery tests, and perform business impact analysis.
After that, you can move on to the advanced programs like;
- Cyber security expert.
- CEH v11 (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditors)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional)
- COBIT 2019 (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies)
- CompTIA Security+ 501
6. Security Engineer by Udacity.
This cyber security training course helps you to master the foundation skills that are necessary to become a security engineer. It teaches you how to protect a company’s computer systems, networks, and infrastructure from security threats and attacks.
Moreover, it features real-world projects from industry experts, and has technical support, personalized feedback, unlimited submissions + feedback, and practical tips for industry best practices.
What topics are covered:
- System Security.
- Infrastructure Security.
- Application Security.
- Security Engineering Fundamentals.
7. Web Security & Bug Bounty: Learn Penetration testing in 2022 (hosted by the ZTM community).
This is another online cyber security training course that will help you to learn about Web Security, Penetration Testing, and Bug Bounty in the year 2022.
This course will teach you how to set up your own Hacking Lab: Kali Linux and Virtual Machines and secure your future appliances using the best available solution. Moreover, it will also guide you and teach you how to prevent some of the common cyber security threats like; Command Injection or Execution, SQL injection, Bruteforce attacks, Security Misconfiguration, HTML injections, etc.
8. Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach by UC3Mx (edx).
This course by UC3Mx will help you to understand the basic aspect of cyber security, that is what are the main cyber security threats and how to protect your devices against them. Plus, this course is taught by experts who have several years of experience in computer security. Not only this, the course follows a hands-on and practical approach where you will receive each-and-every material that can help you understand attacks better so that you can implement countermeasures accordingly.
The main benefit that you will be able to reap out of this course is that you will be able to think like a hacker and understand what a hacker is thinking, and then implement security measures accordingly.
What topics are covered?
- Cybersecurity landscapes.
- Monitoring and managing network cybersecurity attacks.
- Vulnerability management.
- Computer forensics.
- Reverse engineering.
- Penetration testing.
- Advanced persistent threats and malware.
9. Cyber Security: Go from Zero to Hero (hosted by Udemy).
This course which is hosted by Udemy and created by Chinmay Kulkarni and Yash Kulkarni will educate you about everything a programmer and a developer should know about cybersecurity.
So, if you are a beginner and don’t know what is Cyber Security, or if you are looking for a perfect start in this field, then this course is a perfect fit for you. Moreover, this course is structured in such a way that you will have fun while learning.
What topics are covered?
One will be able to learn about entire networking related to cybersecurity and terminologies like a threat, vulnerability, attacks, exploits, events, and management.
Well, you will also be able to understand and learn about different roles in Cybersecurity which include, CISM, CISO, Incident Response Team, CISA, Penetration Tester, etc.
10. IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate (hosted by Coursera).
Lastly, you can opt for the IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate course that will help you gain knowledge and skills which are essential to becoming a Cybersecurity Analyst. It is also a great option for those individuals who are just about to enter the field of Cybersecurity or are planning to switch their careers.
Moreover, you will be able to learn about the concepts like network security, incident response, penetration testing, endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and vulnerability assessment.
During the entire course, you will be provided with virtual labs and internet sites that you will use to gain practical knowledge so that it can be applied in real-world jobs. You will also be using python libraries for investigating a real-world security breach, like vulnerabilities, attacks, costs, and recommending prevention.
Not to forget, you will be using tools like; Wireshark, i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis, IBM Resilient, IBM QRadar, IBM MaaS360, IBM Guardian, along with the lab, “SecurityLearningAcademy.com.”
What topics are covered?
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks.
- Cybersecurity Roles, Processes & Operating Systems Security.
- Penetration Testing, Incident Response, and Forensics.
- Cyber Threat Intelligence.
- Cybersecurity Compliance Framework & System Administration.
- Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities.
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Assessment.
- Cybersecurity Capstone: Breach Response Case Studies.
Frequently Asked Questions on Cyber Security.
What are the different careers available in the field of cyber security?
Different career options like, Security Engineer, Incident Response Analyst, Security Generalist, Cryptographer, Network Security Engineer, Security Trainer, and Security Auditor or Analyst are available in the field of cyber security.
Can you get into cybersecurity without any degree?
Yes, you can get into cybersecurity without holding any formal degree. But, of course, you should have relevant certification and experience within the industry that can help open the doors to various entry-level positions and offer a hands-on learning experience.
Moreover, those who have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or information technology, can easily get a high-paying job in this field.
Is it necessary to know coding to enter cyber security?
No, if you are on an entry-level job, then you do not necessarily require coding skills. But yes, understanding programming language is essential to stay ahead of hackers who have a great knowledge of these systems.
What are the advantages of Cybersecurity?
- It helps in protecting the business against ransomware, malware, social engineering, and phishing.
- It helps in increasing the recovery time after a breach.
- It helps in preventing unauthorized users.
- It protects the end user’s security and privacy.
- It gives good protection for both data and the network.
Final Remarks on “Best cyber security training courses.”
With the increase in the number of gadgets, it has become very much important to safeguard them from various cyber security attacks. And therefore, many companies have started hiring the best cyber security experts available in the market.
So, if you are keenly interested in making a career in this lucrative field but have no clue where to start, then just follow this curation and pick up the best course that interests you.